Saturday, January 22, 2011

The castle & the town of Well

I'm here!! That castle is wonderful. The plane was a little crazy with so many of us together but we made it,  I'm safe,  and I feel incredibly lucky.  The whole experience of arriving at the castle seemed very surreal.  We've only been here a day but I'm already much more relaxed and can tell that this is going to be an experience of a lifetime.  It's all still a little scary but in the best way possible.

The castle staff members are very friendly and have been keeping us busy busy busy.  
Me and Hubert


Johnny me and Dojna
















All day long we've been in orientation meetings and learning everything we need to know about living in the castle but in our little free time, I've managed to still make friends with some of them! Hubert, the grounds keeper hooked me and my roommates up with a extension cord for our room and Dojna made me gluten free toast during breakfast!  


Here are some pictures from outside the castle.  It was really cloudy today so I was hoping to get some brighter pictures but I just had to post some that I took today...
"castle lane"




Our room is still a complete mess since we haven't all unpacked yet so I'll take pictures of the inside soon and post them so you can see! During our free time today I also went on a little walk around the town of Well. It is ADORABLE! Everyone is very friendly and happy to have us at the castle.  There are about 2,500 people in Well and almost all of them speak English which is helpful.  I loved seeing all the people riding their bikes and walking their dogs!

The town of Well...




This duck had the most beautiful colors! This picture doesn't do it justice.




Lena and I in town being goofy tourists :)

A dreamy restaurant on the water that allows this cutie pie to roam around. I think he's the waiter!







So long for now!  I start classes on Monday so hopefully I'll be able to blog soon to let you know what they're like.  Can't wait for Amsterdam next week!!

For those of you who have emailed me about having trouble commenting, try clicking "comments" in blue below my post.  If you're the first one, it should say "0 comments", then after each comment the number increases.  Thank you to so many of you who have emailed me already with wonderful advice and support.  I'm thankful to have the great group of family and friends that I do.  Uncle Mark, thanks :) and Mom, I can't believe you figured out how to make an account and comment! So so so so so so so impressed with you <3

Love and Miss you all,
Amy



3 comments:

  1. Amy these pictures are just great. The castle and town look so cool and we hope you are having an awesome time. 2 Questions-- What kind of tree was that in your courtyard it looked like something prehistoric and was that really a duck or was it a statue the colors were crazy. Later G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dad! Haha do you really think I know what KIND of tree that is?!! I have no clue but I'll do my best to figure it out. The duck is really a duck! It was walking around and quaking so its definitely not a statue. I'm absolutely enjoying myself so far. Tonight we're all going into town for a special dinner and then classes start tomorrow. I'll write again soon. Later/love you, Lil' G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy
    I cant imagine how successful you would be if you decided to be a journalist. Your blog is incredibe. It is so alive. You are the best,

    Love
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete