Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dear family and friends,


I'm off to Europe! As many of you may know, I will be studying abroad through my school and exploring the continent.  Emerson owns a restored 14th-century castle in The Netherlands, near Germany and Belgium, where I will be living and taking classes for the next 3 months.  


There is a total of 85 students in the program, all from Emerson, and I will be living in a room with three other girls in the same year as me.  During the semester, all of the students and professors will take two mandatory group trips: one to Amsterdam, and one to Prague.  Other than that, every other weekend will be for us to travel to any country we wish! In this blog,  I will write about my experiences and post pictures to keep you all updated.   Please feel free to comment, leave suggestions on places to see, or just say hello because I would love to hear from all of you!  The picture of the castle is from my school's website but I'm anxious to see it for myself and take my own pictures.


:) Wish me luck on my travels and ON MY FIRST BLOG... I know I will need it!


xoxo,
Amy

5 comments:

  1. Amy,

    Have a safe trip and I hope you have an incredible experience abroad.
    This is truly the time of your life to be free and experience it all! (safely, of course)

    When you look back on this trip it may possibly go down as one of the best times of your life!

    Be a good ambassador to USA, but immerse yourself in as many foreign cultures as u can!

    Watch out for those "cafes" in Amsterdam, but of course if it's legal it's ok with me :)!

    Have fun. Love you,

    Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my darling daughter, we just spoke from the airport and I loved hearing the enthusiasm in your voice....by the time you read this you will be safely in your room hopefully relaxed and feeling good. I am very proud of you and your accomplishments. Shayna sends her love too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy:
    The castle looks beautiful. I am so happy for you. I am sure that you will have an amazing time.
    Love you,
    Aunt Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy I couldn't be more proud of you. I am so happy to be your Grandma It seems that you are having a wonderful time so when you have a family you can take them to the same places and be very knowledge Love Love Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could your smile be any bigger! Every picture, you look as though you are having a wonderful time and I love reading about your classes. Keep up the good work and let me know how Stockholm is! Can't wait to see what you think of Asa!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete